Opening hours of the Hermitage
The Hermitage of Santa Caterina del Sasso is open every day.
LOW SEASON - from October 15th to December 15th and from January 7th to March 15th
- From Monday to Friday: from 1.30 pm to 6.00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and midweek holidays: from 9:30 to 19.30 (last admission at 19.00)
HIGH SEASON - from March 16th to October 14th and from December 16th to January 6th
- Every day from 9:30 to 19:30 (last admission at 19.00)
Access will take place in compliance with the health and emergency safety protocols.
Access to the Church is SUSPENDED during religious services.
Entrance tickets to the Hermitage
Ordinary ticket: € 5.00
Reduced ticket: € 3.00 - reserved for:
- Over 65
- Citizens residing in the province of Varese
- Visitor groups consisting of a minimum of 15 people (ticket per person)
Reduced ticket: € 4,00 - reserved for:
- members of the FAI - Fondo per l'Ambiente Italiano with a valid card
FREE admission reserved for:
- tourist guides in the exercise of their professional activity
- tourist interpreters from the European Union when their work is needed alongside the guide
- the members of the I.C.O.M. (International Council of Museums)
- visitors who are under the age of eighteen
- groups or groups of students from public and private schools in the European Union, accompanied by their teachers, upon reservation
- teachers and students enrolled in the faculties of architecture, conservation of cultural heritage, educational sciences and degree courses in literature or literary subjects with an archaeological or historical-artistic
- address of the faculties of literature and philosophy, or in corresponding faculties and courses established in the Member States of the European Union, following presentation of the enrollment certificate for the current academic year
- teachers and students enrolled in academies of fine arts or corresponding institutions of the European Union, following presentation of the enrollment certificate for the current academic year
- teaching staff of the school, permanent or with a fixed-term contract, upon presentation of a suitable certificate issued by the educational institutions
- people with disabilities and a family member or other carer who can prove their membership in social and health care services
- citizens residing in the Municipality of Leggiuno
- religious pilgrimages accompanied by a priest for the celebration of the Holy Mass upon reservation. (N.B. This facilitation is not applied if a visit to the Hermitage is carried out at the same time; in this case access is equivalent to visits and therefore the expected entrance fee will be applied)
Audio guide rental
- Audio guide + headphones: € 3.00
For group visits it is necessary to give notice.
For visits with a licensed tour guide, reservations are highly recommended for groups of more than 15 people.
The ticket for the use of the lift has a cost of € 1.00
The lift is FREE for people with disabilities and their companion and in periods when the staircase is not accessible.
LOW SEASON - from October 15th to March 15th
- S. Rosario at 16:30
- S. Mass at 17:00
HIGH SEASON - from March 16th to October 14th
- S. Rosario at 17:30
- S. Mass at 18:00
The religious management of the Hermitage is entrusted to the Franciscan Fraternity of Bethany.
Please note that during religious services it will not be possible to visit the Church.
Access to the Church exclusively for participation in religious services is allowed without paying an entrance ticket 30 minutes before the start of the celebration (obtain the appropriate ticket at the ticket office).
We also remind you that this free ticket does not include the possibility of visiting the spaces of the Hermitage.
Given the religious nature of the place, the following indications are recalled:
- Appropriate clothing (even during the summer)
- Avoid noises
- The consumption of food inside the Hermitage is prohibited
- Animals are prohibited from entering
For any information
- Tel. 0332 647014 (from Monday to Sunday during the Hermitage opening hours)
For information exclusively on religious services and celebrations:
- Tel. 0332 647172